Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Global Chord Symbol Enharmonic Root Change in Finale 2009  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

rickpeckham
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rickpeckhamAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2007
Total Posts : 6

Posted 1/23/2009 6:57 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I do tons of work with guitar fretboards and chord symbols. This question has to do with chord symbols though. Specifically looking for a way to get the root with my choice of enharmonic.

I'm trying to transpose a series of 60 chord symbols from B root to Bb for a chord book. I know how to transpose the chord symbols, but I'd prefer not to go through the entire document, changing every chord symbol from A# to Bb. Simplify spelling doesn't work, respell notes only changes the notes on the staff.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Rick Peckham

Jazvampire
Registered Member

Click to send Jazvampire email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JazvampireAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 309

Posted 1/23/2009 7:49 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
check in "enharmonic spelling"... "favor flats"

"Do what you believe in, and believe in what you do"
Finale 2008a, XP32

rickpeckham
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to rickpeckhamAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 1/23/2009 8:08 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That's just the thing. I had 'favor flats' checked already. There doesn't seem to be a way go globally change a chord root. I hope there is though!
Anyone else?

Thanks,
Rick

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/23/2009 9:19 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Without seeing the exact setup, I'm hard pressed to understand exactly what the easiest way is. Are you saying you have 60 chords of various suffixes with root B and want to change them to root Bb. Is it changing them to A# instead? That would be a problem of how you transposed. It sounds like you chose to transpose down a minor 2nd. Choose Augmented unison instead.

If that is not what you want, please explain in greater detail.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win 2000 or XP

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

rickpeckham
Registered Member

Date Joined Nov 2007

Posted 1/23/2009 9:30 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Zuill

I did transpose down a minor 2nd--you've nailed the problem! Down an augmented unison did it! You've saved me hundreds of tab/mouseclick/highlight/keystrokes etc.

I appreciate it!

Rick