Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2007 on MacOSX 10.5.8 issues  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

musicharts
Registered Member

Click to send musicharts email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to musichartsClick to Add countrysdad4life to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2001
Total Posts : 25

Posted 9/25/2010 3:55 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I recently upgraded my Mac to 10.5.8, and then reloaded the software (2007). At least once a day, I'm having to toss the preferences file on my HD, as that is the only way Finale will open. Then, I have to reset my preferences on each page. Its pretty frustrating.
Any help would be appreciated.

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 9/25/2010 4:58 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Make sure you have the update - 2007c, I believe.

N.

Finale 2008b, 2010b. 2011
TgTools, Patterson Plugins
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 2GB RAM - OSX 10.6.4

"Do you know The Duke of Ellington? The Count Of Basie? The Earl Of Hines?"

Bugs Bunny

michelp
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit michelp's website.Send a Private Message to michelpAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2003
Total Posts : 2232

Posted 9/25/2010 5:02 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
For system requirements of version 2007, MakeMusic recommends 10.3 or 4 and the 2007c update. 2008 looks like the minimum if you use 10.5.
makemusic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3545/kw/system/r_id/101773

Michel
Finale (2011 to be installed), 2010b, 2009b, 2008b on a MacG5 2x2,5 Gh (4,5 Go RAM) and MacOsX 10.5.8, French azerty kb, Dolet 5.3. Full TGTools. Midi interface : MOTU Midi Express XT. Roland Sound Canvas SC88-vl.

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 9/26/2010 3:05 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
2007 was a terrible version, with lots of bugs and problems. Finale has come a long way since then. Whenever you upgrade to a major revision of the OS, you can and should expect that your apps will need updating too.

That having been said, if you don't want to upgrade, then you should look into preparing a "clean" spare preference file, and keeping this somewhere where it can be copied into the preferences folder to overwrite the version that is corrupting. You could even use an Automator action or a script to perform the task automatically. Finale has had some versions which have preferences liable to corruption a the drop of the hat. There are scripts written on this forum for just such a purpose.

Finale 2011, 2009c, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.6.4
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk