Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Hyperscribe still a mystery...  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

2me
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to 2meAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2010
Total Posts : 3

Posted 11/9/2010 2:26 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am still trying to use Hyperscribe in Finale to try to have my Mac OS 10.6.4 computer notate what I play on my casio keyboard.
I think everything is set, but when I click on a measure, I hear the beat...then when I play the keyboard nothing happens.

How do I get sound and transcription to happen after the beat introduction? I have tested the midi connection and it seems OK.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Susan

Jetcopy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to JetcopyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2000
Total Posts : 4795

Posted 11/9/2010 2:50 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Unless you play link a perfect robot, don't waste your time with hyperscribe. You're going to have to use simple of speedy entry to "fix" what hyperscribe has done. Just use simple of speedy to input your music, it'll be faster and more accurate in the long run.

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.11, 1.67 GHz, 2 GB ram
Macbook Pro 10.6.4, 2.66GHz Intel Core i7, 4 GB

Ronwass
bassist/composer/arranger/conductor/bandleader

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to RonwassAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 1492

Posted 11/9/2010 9:11 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Keep it a mystery and use speedy or simple.

Ron Wasserman
F2009, user since 2000
Desktop: Intel Dual Core @ 2.2 GHz 2814MB ram, Vista Home
Keyboard midi to edirol to usb
Laptop: Celeron, 480 mb ram, XP home keyboard direct to usb. (not enough memory for 2009)
TG Tools full version

". . . I love music, and anything that interrupts music, I hate."
Astor Piazzolla, Central Park Concert

"Music: incredibly easy to understand on a basic level, but profoundly difficult to speak with any fluency."
Ron Wasserman

tjanz
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to tjanzAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2007
Total Posts : 50

Posted 11/12/2010 1:57 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I rarely use hyperscribe because of limitations that previous posts allude to. That doesn't mean that you should not be able realize the mysteries yourself. There must be a disconnect between your midi input and the hyperscribe options. If you get the hyperscribe window on the bar you click and you also hear the metronome click, then it is ready to receive input. The fact that nothing comes up means that the signals are not being read or they are not going to the right place. The old adage is check your cables. Can you get midi entry with speedy note? Playback is a different stream, you need to confirm midi entry to make sure that the key you push on your Casio is actually getting into Finale. More information is needed to go further with solutions. I could tell you that it works fine when I do it, but that not much help to you.

Tim

MBP 2.2 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, OSX 10.6.4
LG L226W 22" LCD,
WiebeTech FW800 with Seagate 500G external
Presonus Firestudio 26x26, Faderport
Finale 2011 (Starting from Finale 1.0, 'Finale Founder' was a term used in the past, distant past . . . )
Logic Pro 8.0.1

God's servant
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to God's servantAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2016
Total Posts : 73

Posted 6/5/2016 9:43 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
If your connection seems ok between your computer and your keyboard, I still have some suggestions:
1. Make sure that you are waiting the full count off time before playing your song.
2. Mess around with your quant settings, if it is at like a 32nd note then it will be very hard to play with out finale messing up.
3. Make sure that your keyboard and computer are connected IN THE RIGHT PLACE (I had the problem because I did not put the chord in the right place.
4. Before you jump to the conclusion that it is not working, just because you don't see any note heads while you are playing, wait until you are done playing and stop the
HyperScribe and then see if any note heads show up

Michael Cook
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Michael CookAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 2526

Posted 6/6/2016 7:43 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Does step-time MIDI with speedy or simple entry work with your Casio keyboard? If it doesn't, the problem may be this: some Casio keyboards output hi-res MIDI, and Finale cannot cope with this. Check in your Casio user manual to see if your keyboard produces hi-res MIDI. If it is possible to to turn it off, do so.

If you cannot turn the hi-res MIDI off, you can use a utility such as MIDIpipe to strip off the extra information.

Michael Cook
Finale 3.0 - 2014.5
Mac OS 10.11.1