Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > EPS file grows and grows  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

David Wilding
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to David WildingAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined May 2000
Total Posts : 45

Posted 3/14/2011 5:28 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am having trouble with a file that will not export correctly as EPS. The exported EPS file grows and grows until I "Force Quit" Finale. I have completely redone this file from scratch with no change in this behavior.

Also, probably unrelated, I am trying also or alternately to create a PDF file that uses the openType version of a font I have installed instead of the Postscript version which is not. InDesign still reports the Postscript font embedded.

Mac OS 10.4.11
Finale 2010b.r1

Thank you.

Finale 2006d.r1 for Macintosh
Dual 2 GHz Power Mac G5
2 GB RAM
Mac OS 10.4.9

File Attachment :
689_Dec8_ICBVM.mus   41KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 196 time(s).

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 3/14/2011 6:18 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The file works for me, but at a guess, I would suggest that you delete the Smart Shapes you have created to mark no lyrics, and see if that improves matters. There are some problems with Smart Shapes and EPS output.
You could try creating a PDF instead, which would work just as well as EPS for most purposes, or you could convert the PDF to EPS outside of Finale.

I'm not exactly sure what the problem you have in your second para is. Can you be more specific? openType fonts work fine -- I use them as a preferences. Some OT fonts do have different names, so they are considered to be different fonts by the OS. You have to change the font in Document > Data Check > Font Utilities to the OT font.

Finale 2011c, 2009c, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.6.6
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk