Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Metric Modulation  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Timothy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TimothyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2004
Total Posts : 11

Posted 6/23/2011 10:18 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I am trying to put in a metric modulation, the eighth note triplet in, say, m. 30 becomes the eighth note in m. 31. I cannot figure out how to put the eighth note triplet in the tempo marking. Any ideas?

Timothy Rolls, D.M.A.
Assistant Professor or Music Theory/Composition/Music Technology
Fort Hays State University

iMac late 2009, 3.1 Ghz CoreDuo, 4 GB Ram, Finale 2011, Logic Pro, Arturia Analog Collection, Tassman 4, Lots of other plug-ins.

Post Edited (Timothy) : 6/23/2011 9:32:00 PM (GMT-5)

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/23/2011 11:07 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.

This might be close.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Image Attachment :
Image Preview
Metric Modulation.png
  3KB (image/x-png)
This image has been viewed 441 time(s).

Timothy
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to TimothyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 6/23/2011 11:10 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
That is it! The question is, how to do it. I spent an hour looking through the online manual and can't find how to do it. I know I used to do it many versions ago, and I seem to recall using the Ossia tool, but I couldn't find anything. Any suggestions, I have more I have to do that are more complex. Thanks for the lead.

Tim

Timothy Rolls, D.M.A.

iMac late 2009, 3.1 Ghz CoreDuo, 4 GB Ram, Finale 2011, Logic Pro, Arturia Analog Collection, Tassman 4, Lots of other plug-ins.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 6/23/2011 11:13 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I took the Swing Expression (2 8ths=Quarter 8th), deleted what I didn't want, and copied and pasted what I did to the right place. The view in the editing window is small, so it was hard to see what I was doing. I got lucky. I also changed the playback setting to nothing. If you need something there, you can set what you want.

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Post Edited (Zuill) : 6/23/2011 10:18:29 PM (GMT-5)

File Attachment :
Metric Modulation Expression.lib   1KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 149 time(s).

Timothy
Registered Member

Date Joined Jun 2004

Posted 6/24/2011 12:04 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks, Zuill. I got it now, thanks to your help.

Best,
Tim

Timothy Rolls, D.M.A.