Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2011 - audio out only playing one side  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

glennsnoise
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to glennsnoiseAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableClick to Add glennsnoise to your MSN Buddy List.
Date Joined Nov 2006
Total Posts : 18

Posted 8/21/2011 8:24 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have read the forum notes regarding Finale 2008 and 2009 versions and the audio out issues. I am having the same issue with Finale 2011 (playback audio only in one side). When I go to MIDI/Audio -> Device Setup -> Audio Setup -> Output, I only have one option (Default Output). Can someone help me with this issue? Thank you.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 8/21/2011 5:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Within Finale you can check the pan settings in several places. Could it be that the sounds are panned to one side?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit

Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Bill Stevens
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Bill StevensAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 5408

Posted 8/21/2011 6:06 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
To add to Zuill's suggestion, Opt-Cmd-M will show you the mixer where you can see the pan for all the tracks.

Is the pan correct with other applications, iTunes for instance, but just not for Finale?

Bill

Finale 2011c (all versions since 1.0)
Staff Paper and #2 Pencil with eraser
OS 10.7 Lion

Saffron
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to SaffronAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 4504

Posted 8/22/2011 5:37 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
It might also be worth checking the obvious: are your speaker and/or headphone connections working correctly on both channels?

Brian