Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale SongBook and iOS7  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

musicmac
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to musicmacAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 6

Posted 12/27/2013 10:07 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hey and greetings from Finland!

Any information when will you update the Finale SongBook iPad app? At this moment, I can't use the parts. I also wish that you could make fonts much more sharper in viewing mode. Thanks for the great app but please update it! :)

Musicmac

Post Edited (musicmac) : 12/27/2013 8:39:54 AM (GMT-6)

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 12/27/2013 10:39 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
musicmac said...
Hey! When will you update the Finale SongBook iPad app?

Me? Never. I don't work for MakeMusic. :p

This is primarily a forum for users to discuss things. If you want support from MM, use their main website and submit a support request. They'll be able to tell you whether the problem you have is a general issue for all users that needs an update, or a particular problem to you that might be fixable.

I don't think anyone else has posted here about problems running the app on iOS 7.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2014, 2.6Ghz 2012 MacMini 16Gb RAM (10.9); 2009 MacBook
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

musicmac
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to musicmacAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 12/27/2013 10:41 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Ah, of course...sorry the wrong forum! :)

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/27/2013 11:27 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have no problem with SongBook in iOS 7. Remember, though, it's still a 2012 version, so I wouldn't expect it to run files from 2014.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014 on Mac 10.9
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

musicmac
Registered Member

Date Joined Jul 2009

Posted 12/27/2013 2:11 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Well I have Finale 2012 and can't open the parts. But I got an answer from MM, thought to put it here if somebody else has same problems:

"Thank you for contacting MakeMusic - I can help answer your questions about this.

Our Development Team is aware there are some issues with Finale SongBook on iOS7. We are working to resolve these and plan on having an update available soon.

Please feel free to respond to this case if you have any further questions about this issue and I would be glad to help.

Sean S
MakeMusic Customer Support"

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 12/27/2013 3:50 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for that. Maybe the difference is that I use it to open the score, not parts.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org

Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014 on Mac 10.9
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."