Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > How to Reset Default Music Size  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

BMillwood
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BMillwoodAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 35

Posted 1/18/2014 11:36 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello all:

I am using Finale 2012c.R13 on an iMac 3.06GHz, OSX 10.9.1. I've opened an older Finale file, and find that the first page appears to have smaller notes & systems than the rest of the document. I've tried using the resize tool, but it is claiming that the entire document is 100% size. Is there any way to reset the entire score to a default size, removing any old alterations to size that might have happened? I've obviously done something in the past that I'm not remembering, and now don't know how to remove it.

Many thanks in advance.

Zuill
"The Troll"

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to ZuillAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 29077

Posted 1/18/2014 11:42 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
There are many things at play that can alter the look. Do you have a sample file we can examine for the cause?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed) 2012c, with some bug fixes. 2014 now.
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Peter Thomsen
Registered Member

Click to send Peter Thomsen email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Peter ThomsenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 8331

Posted 1/18/2014 12:26 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
BMillwood said...
…Is there any way to reset the entire score to a default size, removing any old alterations to size that might have happened?…

Page Layout Tool.
Page Layout menu > Redefine Pages > All Pages of Current Part/Score

NB:
The command Redefine Pages uses the format settings in
Document menu > Page Format > Score…

Before you run the command Redefine Pages, you should go to the dialog box Page Format for Score, and make sure that all settings are, as you need them.

A convenient way to update the settings in Page Format for Score:
Page Layout menu > Update Page Format for Score

If you make layout changes while "Update Page Format for Score" is selected (e. g. alter system margins), the layout settings in Page Format for Score will automatically get updated.

Peter

Mac Finale, 2011c, 2012c & 2014, Dolet 6 plug-in, Mac OS X 10.8.4, iMac Intel Core i7, 2.93 GHz, 16 GB RAM

BMillwood
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to BMillwoodAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 35

Posted 1/18/2014 12:57 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Many thanks, Peter, that did it.

Cheers!
-Bill