Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > (No Subject)

Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

DavePayn
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavePaynAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2014
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/1/2014 5:41 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hello fellow Finale community!

I wonder if anyone here could help. Having been told by Finale sellers in the UK (at Music Sales) that I could move from Sibelius to Finale by buying the upgrade pack for £99, I duly did so. In the box is a leaflet informing me to go to www.finalemusic.com/intldownloads asking me to put in a verification number. When I go to this site, it asks for my serial number. As I only have Sibelius and the serial number for that, I assumed that inputting it into the Finale website would allow me to authorise the product. It doesn't. Does anyone know how to get round this, please?

David Ward
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit David Ward's website.Send a Private Message to David WardAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2009
Total Posts : 2834

Posted 3/1/2014 6:05 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I think you'll probably need to e-mail Finale sales on Monday during their working hours as a 'new customer' and tell them exactly what happened. There is also an international telephone number given as 952-937-9611. I think you put 001 in front of that, but my BT telephone directory gives instructions for dialling every country apart from the USA, so I may be wrong.

EDIT: Or, as Wiggy says below, you should be able to get the serial number from the seller. If not, there is something wrong with the selling arrangement.

David Ward
www.composers-uk.com/davidward

Finale 2010b, 2014a
Mac 10.6.8, 10.8.5
full TGTools

Post Edited (David Ward) : 3/1/2014 5:18:29 AM (GMT-6)

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 3/1/2014 6:06 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Is there nothing else in the box? Nothing else that looks like a serial number?

If there doesn't seem to be any serial number there, I would go back to Music Sales, and ask them what you are supposed to do.

After that, you may have to contact MakeMusic by going to the Support section of their website, and clicking on "Ask a Question". You'll have to create a user account.
I'm just worried whether that too will ask for your serial number.... shocked

"This is me helping."

Finale 2014, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.9)
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk

DavePayn
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to DavePaynAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2014
Total Posts : 6

Posted 3/1/2014 6:38 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thanks for your help, peeps. It's a strange situation. Music Sales are the sellers in the UK for Finale but they then directed me to musicroom.com to actually purchase the upgrade. I suppose Music Sales and musicroom must be linked somehow.

Dr. Wiggy
Early music: modern methods

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dr. WiggyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 12628

Posted 3/1/2014 6:39 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Musicroom.com is just the website shop run by Music Sales, as far as I know.

"This is me helping."

Finale 2014, 2012 MacMini; 2012 MacBook Pro (10.9)
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410, HP Laserjet 5200 DTN
Ancient Groove Music www.ancientgroove.co.uk