Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > How to get a PDF music file into Finale  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

dannsh
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dannshAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 10

Posted 4/23/2014 8:35 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I started with a scanned PDF file.

open the PDF with Preview.

Export the PDF file as a .tiff.

Use SmartScore (preferably SmartScore Pro) to recognize list then chose the .tiff file you created.

Go ahead and create the .enf file.

Then export the .XML file to open Finale.

The file I used had a few errors to correct.

Hope this helps someone out there.

Danny

Danny Showalter
iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
OSX 10.8.2

File Attachment :
Jenny Lind Polka.musx   98KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 220 time(s).

Mike Rosen
himself

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Mike Rosen's website.Send a Private Message to Mike RosenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2006
Total Posts : 14146

Posted 4/23/2014 9:22 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The Pro version works much better than the Lite, that comes with Finale. You can make a lot of your corrections there, before you create the XML.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer notation editor (The Gang of Eight) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2010, 2011, 2012c, 2014a, but using 2012 again, on Mac 10.9.2
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Peter West
Registered Member

Click to send Peter West email.Click to visit Peter West's website.Send a Private Message to Peter WestClick to Add p.west@mac.com to Your AIM Buddy List.ICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 4272

Posted 4/24/2014 1:48 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
One day someone will invent a machine where you can put in a cake and it will produce eggs, flour water and dried fruit!!!

It reminds me that many years ago someone asked the question how to turn a pdf file into a Finale file. This was before Smart Score. I used the cake as an analogy.

Has anyone tried Smart Score on the Fernyhough example posted on another thread?

Peter
Music Publishing Services

Mac 2.66GHz Intel Quad, 4GB RAM /OSX.7.5 /30 inch cinema display+20 inch Cinema Display
Finale 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2014/Logic Pro Studio

dannsh
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to dannshAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Aug 2000
Total Posts : 10

Posted 4/24/2014 8:34 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I prefer to do my editing in Finale.

Danny Showalter
iMac 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
OSX 10.8.2

John Iafrate
Registered Member

Click to send John Iafrate email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to John IafrateAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2001
Total Posts : 504

Posted 4/26/2014 2:24 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have Smart Score Pro and PhotoScore, and I think PhotoScore Ultimate is excellent for pdf. files.

John
Finale 2011c, 2012c
Mac Pro 3.2 - 16GB(Ram) OSX 10.8.5, 10.9