Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Music not centering on page in 2014b  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

bdrmusic
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to bdrmusicAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 49

Posted 6/5/2014 7:03 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
A new problem just developed in the 2014b update for Mac. If you try to center music on the page with crop marks and registration marks prior to creating a PDF or print, the music will not be vertically centered. Rather, it will be skewed to the top of the page, i.e not perfectly centered. Attached is a single page PDF showing the problem. I still have v. 2014a installed on my MB Pro and this problem does not exist. It only shows up on my iMac which has the latest 2014b update. I've also back saved the same file to 2012 and it centers perfectly as it should. I've tried it with a number of files all with the same problem/result. Tech support has been notified.

File Attachment :
Sample.pdf   111KB (application/pdf)
This file has been downloaded 134 time(s).

Vaughan
Registered Member

Click to send Vaughan email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to VaughanAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 1999
Total Posts : 4984

Posted 6/5/2014 7:19 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I can confirm this. It's a pretty serious problem. I often need to send PDFs with crop marks to clients and I obviously can no longer do this in 2014b. I'm reporting this to MM as well.

Vaughan

Finale 3.2 - 2014, Sibelius 4 - 7
Tobias Giesen's plugins, full version, Robert Patterson plugins, Dolet 6 plugin
MacOS 10.9.2
MacPro 6GB, MacBookPro (2011) 8GB
Kontakt 4.2

Amsterdam