Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Finale 2014.5 - Selection bug?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Nikk P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Nikk P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 77

Posted 12/4/2015 10:59 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Anyone else have this issue? When using Finale 2014.5, and double-clicking on an element (dynamic, articulation, etc.) I sometimes lose the ability to select the tool associated with it. I can still move the element around, whatever it is, but I cannot access the tool itself from double clicking on it.

+++++
Nikk P.

Finale 2014d.v5545
Mac OSX 10.10.5

Robert Paterson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Robert Paterson's website.Send a Private Message to Robert PatersonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 18

Posted 1/7/2016 10:47 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi Nikk, I just encountered this bug, so it's not just you. The only way I've found to reset it is to restart the program, which is annoying, but I'm sure you've figured that out already.

Robert Paterson, Composer
http://www.robertpaterson.com
Setup: Mac Pro Desktop, MacBook Pro, OSX 10.9
Finale 2014, TG Tools, Pro Tools, Garritan Personal Orchestra, etc.
mAudio 88 Key USB MIDI Keyboard

Nikk P.
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Nikk P.AIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2012
Total Posts : 77

Posted 1/7/2016 10:50 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Super annoying...so much so that I stopped using 2014.5 and went back to using 2014d. Luckily, I only installed El Capitan on my work laptop, so my personal laptop continues to be my base of operations. I hope they get this (and all the other bugs) worked out soon.

+++++
Nikk P.

Finale 2014d.v5545
Mac OSX 10.10.5

N. Grossingink
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to N. GrossinginkAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Nov 2002
Total Posts : 3991

Posted 1/7/2016 11:15 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
For the past 3 or so versions of Finale I have had the Selection Tool hang up on me, but only rarely. I've found the way to reset it is to manually select the desired tool, do the editing, then go back to the Selection Tool. It then works as usual.

Might be worth trying(?)

N.

OSX 10.8.5
Finale 2011c, 2012c for production work
Finale 2014.5

TgTools, Patterson Plugins, JW Change and Staff Polyphony, QuicKeys 4
Mac Mini 2.4 Ghz Intel, 8GB RAM
New Belgium Fat Tire Ale

• "It should be the emigrated Loch Ness." (to the basses)
• "We do it Wiener Schule kind of poco apostrophe."
• "Could I see lead being sacrificed on the paper?"

–conductor Leif Segerstam