Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > leaving finale after 15 years  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

rcalt
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit rcalt's website.Send a Private Message to rcaltAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 12

Posted 7/25/2002 2:35 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
As a Finale user since 1.0, it is with disgust that I am now switching to another engraving program. Over the years I’ve worked with my publisher to accept Finale files, urged my composition students to use the program, taught classes in its use, and been a supporter of plug-in development. I’ve developed and published fonts to overcome Finale shortcomings. I’ve taken support calls from friends at 2:00 AM. I’ve even enjoyed the camaraderie of fellow users as we struggle to live with bugs that go unresolved in version after version. It seems indisputable now that Coda is not continuing significant development on the Mac side (current frantic press releases not withstanding). I have switched to OS X, and my school and parts of my university are currently in the process of upgrading as well. Certainly, I can no longer recommend the program to my students, and I will not be able to approve purchases of Finale for my school. A good application - and Finale in most ways is a good application - is useless if it can’t keep up with advances in an OS. Ronald Caltabiano [email protected]