Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Tempo numbers not matching from one movement to the next  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

MCarlson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MCarlsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 461

Posted 7/22/2016 8:47 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The numbers of the opening tempo marks between the two movements of this piece don't seem to match, even though they are both set to

Text Font (New Times Roman 14, bold), Music Font (Engraver Text T 12), Numbers Font (Engraver Text T 12)

These settings are in the Category Designer for Tempo Marks.

Can someone look at them and see what is making the style of the numbers look different? The 88 of the second movement look thinner, both on screen and in print, than the 63 of the first, which looks perfect.

Or is it just my imagination? If so, I'll be happy to know that, as well.

Thanks so much,

Mark

Mark Carlson
Finale 2014.5
OS 10.11.5
Mac Mini Late 2014

File Attachment :
1. First Love, Bsn.musx   100KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 80 time(s).

File Attachment :
2. Remembering, Bsn.musx   104KB (application/octet-stream)
This file has been downloaded 76 time(s).

Rebecca Oswald
Registered Member

Click to send Rebecca Oswald email.Click to visit Rebecca Oswald's website.Send a Private Message to Rebecca OswaldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 438

Posted 7/22/2016 9:19 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When I highlight the 88 it says Engraver Text T 12 plain. When I highlight the 63 it says Times New Roman 14 bold. Looks like you left the 88 in the Music Font or Numbers Font.

Rebecca

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS 10.8.5;
Finale 2014d; Cubase Studio 4; GPO, JABB, C&MB; several EWQL libraries;
Korg 01w/fd, Roland A88, and an Estonia L210.

Rebecca Oswald
Registered Member

Click to send Rebecca Oswald email.Click to visit Rebecca Oswald's website.Send a Private Message to Rebecca OswaldAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2005
Total Posts : 438

Posted 7/22/2016 9:22 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Actually the = and the 88 are both still assigned to your Music Font.

Rebecca

MacBook Pro 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, OS 10.8.5;
Finale 2014d; Cubase Studio 4; GPO, JABB, C&MB; several EWQL libraries;
Korg 01w/fd, Roland A88, and an Estonia L210.

Motet
Isorhythmic

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MotetAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 2002
Total Posts : 12849

Posted 7/22/2016 9:22 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
The numbers should be in the numbers font, but it sounds like what's wanted is for the numbers font to be Times 14 bold.

Finale 2014.5, 2011b, 2005, TGTools
Windows 7, MIDI input
Finale Transposition Chart

MCarlson
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to MCarlsonAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 1999
Total Posts : 461

Posted 7/22/2016 9:26 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Thank you, both, Rebecca and Motet! I get it now and have corrected it.

Mark

Mark Carlson
Finale 2014.5
OS 10.11.5
Mac Mini Late 2014