Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > OS X?  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

serranoband
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit serranoband's website.Send a Private Message to serranobandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2002
Total Posts : 1

Posted 10/28/2002 6:15 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
When should we expect Finale for OS X? Especially since Apple is giving away Jaguar for teachers... can you imagine Bill Gates giving away XP?

somusque
Developer

Click to send somusque email.Click to visit somusque's website.Send a Private Message to somusqueAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 1999
Total Posts : 1169

Posted 10/28/2002 6:58 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Hi,

as Coda announced, it will be next year, as part of the Finale 2004 upgrade released in 2003 (typically early summer or something like that).

Cheers,
Tobias

--------------------------------------------
My TGTools plug-in collection for Finale:
http://www.tgtools.com
no fiddling, just music.

Tim Rowland
...Rowland...Rowland, though the streams are...

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Tim Rowland's website.Send a Private Message to Tim RowlandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 1250

Posted 10/28/2002 1:43 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
John,

Excuse me, but Bill Gates has been giving away Windows XP - since last year! I'm a teacher, and all government schools in my state have an agreement where they may install the software on all licensed school/teacher use computers (including Office XP and others). This makes sense for Microsoft - it encourages schools to use all their software, thereby encouraging families of students to buy the same software for their home computers. There IS a nominal media fee of course, but equates to about US$10 per CD.

Anon69

jasako
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to jasakoAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 440

Posted 10/29/2002 2:24 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Any rumours on on how it's going? Are they on track?

On 10/28/2002 10:58:00 AM, Tobias Giesen wrote:

>as Coda announced, it will be
>next year, as part of the
>Finale 2004 upgrade released
>in 2003 (typically early
>summer or something like
>that).
====
John Polglase

somusque
Developer

Click to send somusque email.Click to visit somusque's website.Send a Private Message to somusqueAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 1999

Posted 10/29/2002 2:50 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
>Any rumours on on how it's
>going? Are they on track?

No rumours, but I do believe it's one of their top priorities now.

Cheers,
Tobias

gwysham
Registered Member

Click to send gwysham email.Personal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to gwyshamAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2001
Total Posts : 44

Posted 10/29/2002 4:57 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
*And* charging license fees for *any* computer in the school, whether it runs Windoze or not! Thereby encouraging schools/districts to dump Macs and other platforms! :-(

Anonymous Geoff

cliffdzihner
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to cliffdzihnerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jun 2000
Total Posts : 486

Posted 10/29/2002 5:50 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Are we in a different movie now? BTW, which one is it? Anonymous or Geoff?

a dude
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to a dudeAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2002
Total Posts : 626

Posted 10/29/2002 6:52 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Why is it that people get angry about corporate monopolies, but we let the government get away with it (think United States Postal Service) without batting an eyelash?

Anon2

Oompah
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailablePrivate Messaging Not AvailableAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 231

Posted 10/29/2002 11:52 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Or "Public Education"...

droden
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to drodenAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2001
Total Posts : 28

Posted 10/30/2002 10:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Apple does the same thing. My wife just
got Jaguar for free. (She's got the only
mac in the place)

K-12 teachers get it free.

Gil DeBenedetti
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Gil DeBenedetti's website.Send a Private Message to Gil DeBenedettiAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Mar 2000
Total Posts : 48

Posted 11/7/2002 3:54 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
My understanding was that F2004 would be the first to be _native_, and that F2003 would be the first to be supported under OS X's _classic_. Tell me if I'm wrong. What burns me up is that I went out and upgraded to 2003 only to read in this forum about printer problems, MIDI problems, and internal speaker playback problems under Classic. I will need to turn off OMS or get a new QT or who knows what else.

Are the problems reported here for 2003 under Classic common, or are they the usual number of problems that inevitably come with an upgrade?

Gil DeBenedetti
http://www.pitt.edu/~deben/

somusque
Developer

Date Joined Feb 1999

Posted 11/7/2002 4:44 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 11/7/2002 7:54:00 AM, Gilbert DeBenedetti wrote:
>My understanding was that
>F2004 would be the first to be
>_native_, and that F2003 would
>be the first to be supported
>under OS X's _classic_.

I don't think Finale 2002 is much worse under Classic.

>Are the problems reported here
>for 2003 under Classic common,
>or are they the usual number
>of problems that inevitably
>come with an upgrade?

Some of them are common Mac configuration problems that existed in the pre-OS X days also. Some of them are caused by OS X. AFAICT, none of them are caused by the Finale upgrade.

Cheers,
Tobias

--------------------------------------------
My TGTools plug-in collection for Finale:
http://www.tgtools.com
no fiddling, just music.

M Copyist
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to M CopyistAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Sep 2000
Total Posts : 44

Posted 11/7/2002 4:49 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
On 11/7/2002 8:44:00 AM, Tobias Giesen
wrote:
>AFAICT, none of them are
>caused by the Finale upgrade.
>
Are you currently running OSX and using
Finale under Classic ??

A4