Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED! > Trade  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

michaelsbartley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to michaelsbartleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/28/2003 4:55 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I had purchased finale 2004 for windows. However I have just switched to Mac. Is there a way to trade for the correct version?

macmikey
Registered Member

Click to send macmikey email.Click to visit macmikey's website.Send a Private Message to macmikeyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 12

Posted 10/28/2003 9:25 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
michaelsbartley said...
I had purchased finale 2004 for windows. However I have just switched to Mac. Is there a way to trade for the correct version?
I would imagine you could; another guy on the forum expects a free upgrade from the Finale 2003 Mac version he just bought. Coda/MakeMusic! will probably just want all your PC materials back. I know this isn't as helpful as "here's how to do it," but for all their faults, Coda/MakeMusic! do seem SOMEWHAT interested in service. Contact customer support. They should be willing to help, especially if you've registered. (Maybe ONLY if you've registerd.)

Of curiosity, what benighted Windows experience inspired your "conversion" from the Dark Sidetm to see the light? (I'm trying to see how many metaphors I can mix here! smilewinkgrin ) Especially after having just invested in an expensive piece of software. Not judging, just nosey.

"There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers what the universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
     "There is another which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

michaelsbartley
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to michaelsbartleyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2

Posted 10/28/2003 10:01 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I decided to switch after my computer crashed for the 5th time in a month. I always took good care of my machines, but this one was just a bad apple. My friend asked if I had looked into apple computers. I had always been told they were machines that non-educated people used them, and there was no software for them. Well they were wrong and I was ignorant for listening. I have had the machine for a week, and it the best investment I have made.

macmikey
Registered Member

Click to send macmikey email.Click to visit macmikey's website.Send a Private Message to macmikeyAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Oct 2003
Total Posts : 12

Posted 10/28/2003 10:59 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
michaelsbartley said...
I had always been told they were machines that non-educated people used them, and there was no software for them.
At the risk of disparaging the intellects of persons who may or may not be members of your family: I'll bet you're learning a whole new definition for the term "non-educated." What in the world did they mean by that? Apple computers are used by more EDUCATORS than any other single manufacturer.

"There is another which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Dick Brodfuehrer
Hack Arranger and C.O.G. (Chief Old Geezer)

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to Dick BrodfuehrerAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jul 2000
Total Posts : 4687

Posted 10/29/2003 4:38 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
macmikey said...

At the risk of disparaging the intellects of persons who may or may not be members of your family: I'll bet you're learning a whole new definition for the term "non-educated." What in the world did they mean by that? Apple computers are used by more EDUCATORS than any other single manufacturer.

Bugs says it best: "What a maroon." devil
Hmmm.  It probably goes back to the early days of Apple when they touted their machines as: "A computer-like device for the dim-witted."   Or something like that.  tongue

Sorry, couldn't resist. The devil made me do it!  devil

(Currently using: Finale 2003a, Windows 98-2e, TGTools 2.25, and Glenlivet when I can afford it.)

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing!

Tim Rowland
...Rowland...Rowland, though the streams are...

Email Address Not AvailableClick to visit Tim Rowland's website.Send a Private Message to Tim RowlandAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Dec 1998
Total Posts : 1250

Posted 10/31/2003 8:13 AM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
michaelsbartley said...
I decided to switch after my computer crashed for the 5th time in a month. I always took good care of my machines, but this one was just a bad apple.
Michael,

You might want you reconsider your choice of metaphor here lol .

Cheers,

Tim

B K
Registered Member

Email Address Not AvailablePersonal Homepage Not AvailableSend a Private Message to B KAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 165

Posted 10/31/2003 8:46 PM (GMT -5)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
michaelsbartley said...
I decided to switch after my computer crashed for the 5th time in a month. I always took good care of my machines, but this one was just a bad apple. My friend asked if I had looked into apple computers. I had always been told they were machines that non-educated people used them, and there was no software for them. Well they were wrong and I was ignorant for listening. I have had the machine for a week, and it the best investment I have made.

I was amused to read this, but you also may be amused remembering this advice lol

After a long time, I did some PC work, and found it to be a real work. It was a Dell laptop (a recent one) with XP:

Win XP:

-apart from a few new colours in windows, everything in the interface more or less same as 95
-windows resizing a true experience
-slow,slow,slow
-on internet, no Explorer pop-up windows blocker, so after every session you spend half an hour just closing windows
-if you try to change internet provider, main app. or anything, the old boss comes into your face and makes life difficult
-if you just do anything XP bothers you with pop-up questions
-there must be loads of non M$ spyware on every PC-on this one there is one window popping up instructing to download some security stuff by M$ from some genuine URL that looked like www.you-are-crazy-if-you-click.com
-drag&drop unpredictable,searching for stuff a pain,visual impression way below any Mac OS
-no clues on what most of the stuff on the comp is for........

So, I prefer to be one of the uneducated. scool idea cool