The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=11&m=246663
Posted By : shroder5 - 1/13/2009 8:12 PM
I'd like to see some one make a Graphic Motif Library plug-in for Finale. If something is not already out there. If there is please tell me.
You could have a Motif button and your Motif lib would pop up. Select your favorate runs or motif you use often or in a collective lib and drag and drop into the score.
Collect your favorate composers motifs or style allgorythms or frequently used lines in note phrases, or 1-4 measure drag and drop motifs. Attach link for composer's compositional nuance info. What do you think?

Posted By : Dr. Wiggy - 1/14/2009 10:35 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

You are aware of the "Clip File" feature? You can select a number of bars and save them to a file, which can be pasted into another document.
I'm not quite sure about what you mean by a graphic motif library, but you could always have a folder of frequently used graphics and place one of them in the document in the usual way.

If you browse the Notation forums, you will find that the general consensus is that Finale should not extend itself with features that could best be done in other programs, but rather should concentrate on the core notation, particularly the implementations that are not quite right.

However, you will always find the debate lively!

Finale 2009b, 2Ghz iMac, OS X 10.5.6, M-Audio Audiophile USB
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk