The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=11&m=83141
Posted By : mkelley - 6/17/2004 7:57 AM
Forgive me for asking a question that may already be present here, but I did try a forum search (and read a lot of pages) and couldn't find this basic info (but it it's here already just point me to it).

I'm getting frustrated with the very limiting Finalescript capabilities, and as a programmer I'm wondering if I might just be better off trying to write plugins for Finale (just freebie stuff -- I'd give away anything useful). I have VC++ but it's a rather old version (6) and probably won't upgrade since I just don't do enough C++ to make it worth my while. Is it possible to use this and develop plugins? If so, what else do I need and how do I obtain it (I'm assuming I need a Finale SDK or some such but, once again, if this is going to be a costly process I'm not too interested as I would just be doing this for the benefit of the Finale community).

www.composeforums.com
Composing, Arranging and Orchestration Forums

Posted By : somusque - 6/17/2004 8:16 AM

Hi,

VC++ 6.0 is perfect. The PDK is free, but the official download is a bit out of date. You could write to [email protected] and ask for the latest beta PDK.

Cheers,

Tobias

My TGTools plug-in collection for Finale:
no fiddling, just music.

Posted By : mkelley - 6/17/2004 10:12 AM
Thanks, Tobias -- you are certainly the King when it comes to Finale plugins!

I'll write and ask for that PDK today.

www.composeforums.com
Composing, Arranging and Orchestration Forums