The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=12&m=186764
Posted By : RTAK545 - 4/18/2007 10:34 PM
I need to change the font of a few elements on 51 documents.
More specifically, how can I tell finalescript to change the fonts for both "Accidentals" and "Key" from "maestro 24 plain" to "petrucci 24 plain".
It would really be a drag to go into the Options/Document Options/Fonts menu 51 times to change it manually on all of the documents...

Thanks for any help!

Posted By : RTAK545 - 5/31/2007 4:01 PM
nvm, I took care of it.
I went to the Options/Document Options/Fonts menu 51 times to change it manually on all of the documents...
I wasn't too bad, it certainly would've taken longer if I had waited around for the shortcut...;-)

Posted By : Jetcopy - 6/1/2007 5:21 PM
Sorry I missed your initial post.

You can do this with Finalescript. There's a pre-made script in your Finalescript folder "Import Document Options". It lists all of these commands.

So you could have put all of the documents in a single folder. open all of the documents at one time. Made the font change manually to one document. Leave that document as the active selected document and run a script like:

process open docs
don't process current doc
import fonts options
save
close

That would have done it.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.8, 1.67 GHz, 1.5 GB ram

Post Edited (Jetcopy) : 6/1/2007 4:37:41 PM (GMT-5)

Posted By : RTAK545 - 6/6/2007 11:51 PM
No problem smile , and thanks! I do lots of "mass formatting" and I'll be sure to remember this for use in the future.