The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=12&m=278113
Posted By : meneeermalik - 12/9/2009 11:50 AM
I've been playing around with this for a few days now and have gotten nowhere...I was trying to figure it out so I wouldnt have to post...again but I havent been able to.

So part of the script I have now includes a command to delete all texts on the page. What I've been trying to do is to then write another script to insert a title in the top center. Seems very simple but I can't get it. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Posted By : Jetcopy - 12/9/2009 3:36 PM
One of the scripts included with 2010 includes a command for creating a text block. Under Misc."Add Book Style Page Numbers". I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure how it works, but it's a starting point anyway.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.11, 1.67 GHz, 2 GB ram

Posted By : Mircea - 5/29/2010 8:31 AM
What JT pointet to works in creating any new text box and insert anything in it, or write something in, and then placing it wherever you like.

I am asking other scripters if they have found a way to find specific text blocks and manipulating it.

The conditions I work with require I do a Hymnal positioning of the Title and composer, lyricist, arranger of scores I had laid out in a normal way.
I'm going trough all the scores to make sure that all these are inserted in text boxes from the File Info, not just typed in.

I know there's no easy way to find trough a script a text box and manipulate it.

Since now all these are inserted boxes, could a script locate a "Title" text box and let me change it's frame attributes and do the same for "composer", "lyricist" etc text boxes?

©1999 - 2010 E tot ce va spun!

Finale 2010, Windows 7, and some more stuff...

Posted By : James L - 5/30/2010 9:48 PM
Mircea said...

Since now all these are inserted boxes, could a script locate a "Title" text box and let me change it's frame attributes and do the same for "composer", "lyricist" etc text boxes?

It's my understanding that this is not possible yet. Text boxes have numerical identifiers, not content identifiers. And the numerical identifiers aren't even selectable yet.

Finale 2000, 2004-2010
Dual 2.0GHz Power PC G5, 3.5GB RAM, OS 10.4.11
MacBook Pro, 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, OS 10.5.8
Sibelius 5.0