The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=12&m=285760
Posted By : ockegheim - 3/15/2010 6:29 AM
Hi,

When I'm entering choral music, I'll often add the same lyrics to all the parts. When I get to the end of a phrase in one part, I want to click the lyrics back by a certain number of syllables so I can start on the next part. The only way to do this manually is to click the "left" button in the lower right corner. Of course, a mouse-intensive job like this is just the sort of thing which would be nice to automate. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Posted By : Dr. Wiggy - 3/15/2010 12:07 PM
Don't know, but it's worth mentioning that you can user the Selection Tool with the Selection Filter set to copy only lyrics. You can then select a region with lyrics and drag n drop it onto another stave with the same rhythm. You can even drop it onto different measures or fractions or measures. Ideal for fugues!

Finale 2009c, 2Ghz iMac; 2Ghz MacBook, 10.6.1
Edirol FA-66; M-Audio Oxygen 61; Yamaha PSR-410
Ancient Groove Music
www.ancientgroove.co.uk

Posted By : Adam W. - 3/17/2010 12:53 PM
Another way is to stick with the Lyrics tool. Click on the lyrics menu and choose clone lyrics. Then you can drag and drop em where you'd like and not mess with the filter. Though that would copy the entire measure and not a region.