The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=129456
Posted By : al98037 - 9/27/2005 5:29 PM
I am trying to bring a *.mus file into MakeMusic no Luck Can any one help?

Posted By : al98037 - 9/27/2005 5:57 PM
I am so mad and I am paying for a subscription?

First I would have appreciated a help file when I went to try to access the file from Family generated Files -- explaining to me that I have to do a special save. 

I finally find how to generate the file from my *.mus file Then I try to bring it in from the file bar of smart music and it doesn't see it.  I say it has to be there. So I go to my explorer and find my file and double click and I get violation notices.

Posted By : Tyler - 9/28/2005 5:09 AM
Which version of Finale do you have?

When you save the file from Finale, try saving it to your desktop or into My Documents. Then, in SmartMusic, click the Finale Family tab in the open dialog. Then on the left side of the screen, click Desktop or My Documents (depending on where you saved the file), and you should see the file appear on the right. Highlight it and click open.

If that doesn't work, give customer support a call tomorrow. It's a free call, and they should be able to tell you what's going on and help. 866-240-4041 (toll free M-F, 8:30-8 CST)

Windows XP, all updates

Posted By : al98037 - 9/28/2005 9:01 AM
every version from 2000-2006