The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=449773
Posted By : Steve Burch - 3/7/2015 5:41 PM
This hasn't happened before, but I have a file originally created in an earlier version of Finale, that, when I made a SmartMusic file, the tempo in the SmartMusic file is 120bpm. I have exported the file to an XML file, imported into Finale 2014, set the tempo (80bpm) in the expression tool, and also set the tempo in the tempo tool. Same result. Any ideas?

Posted By : Jon Cielinski - 3/9/2015 1:31 PM
Hi Steve,

The best way to track down the reason the SMP file isn't playing at the right tempo would be to take a look at the original Finale file. If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend submitting a support case at the link in my signature and attach both the Finale file and the exported SMP file.


Jon Cielinski
SmartMusic Product Specialist
MakeMusic, Inc.



These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact us directly at www.smartmusic.com/support.


Posted By : posaune63 - 10/3/2015 9:37 AM
I had a similar problem recently (Finale 2014d). Using the tempo tool, I went in and cleared out any tempo information because I found that any tempo tool settings would overwrite the tempos assigned in the expression.
Also, I entered a 'reset tempo' SM code right at the beginning of the piece. This seemed necessary in a piece with solo instrument and piano accompaniment (but not necessary for that solo part alone). Just to be safe, I also entered 'reset tempo' codes for new tempos as well.