The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=156529
Posted By : sunsinger - 7/23/2006 1:28 AM
I have been working on a large-scale vocal/orchestral composition in Finale 2006 for some time and have orchestrated half of it using a Kurzweil K2500 + a collection of sound fonts.  I recently purchased GPO and JABB and want to expand my range of sounds by using intruments from both GPO and JABB.  I currently have assigned MIDI Channels 1-16 to the K2500, and 49-64 to my Soundblaster card for the sound fonts.  I am currently using some of the SoftSynth fonts as well.  Having just sprung for a new computer to support GPO and JABB, I really cannot afford to spring for a crossgrade to Kontakt 2.0 (full version) at this time.  How can I add GPO and JABB voices to my score without having to transpose all of the parts to GPO and/or JABB?  (Certain fonts I cannot do without, including an organ with a wide range of stops, a children's choir, strings col legno, and a baritone oboe.  I also use some sounds from the synthesizer that are not available otherwise.)

Posted By : Nickie F√łnshauge - 7/23/2006 5:34 AM
Use Garritan Studio.

Nickie Katharina F√łnshauge
Finale06 - GPO - Kontakt 2

Posted By : sunsinger - 7/23/2006 10:14 AM
Thank you for your swift reply. I had suspected as much, but was not sure. I look forward to working with you and others in this community.