The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=198687
Posted By : george galway - Today 5:21 PM
  Dear Finale users, I have just installed Finale 2008 and am experiencing a problem accessing the help files and manual. Could someone please point me in the right direction? Many thanks, George G.

Posted By : Mike Rosen - Today 5:47 PM
Since I don't have it, I can't give you step-by-step. But I know that they are now HTML files, rather than PDF. You may have to launch your browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, etc.) and then open the help files from the browser. After you've done this once, they should then open normally.

Mike Rosen

WebLackey for the Seattle SeaChordsmen

PrintMusic 2006 on the PC: Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.
Nightingale on the Ol' Macintosh

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Posted By : george galway - Today 7:00 PM

Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try!

Best Wishes, George G.

Posted By : Graeme Gilmore - Today 8:51 PM

It's a known issue, at least under Vista, that on some computers clicking Help in Finale 2008 opens the [Internet Explorer] browser with a tab labeled "Webhelp" that is empty.

My workaround has been to add a desktop shortcut that I click when I want to bring up Finale's Help. My Help file is at C:\Program Files\Finale 2008\Help Files\Finale.htm.

Hope this helps,

Graeme

Finale 2008.r2, Windows Vista Home Primium, TGTools, Patterson Plug-Ins. I would use (Forza! Lite if available)

Posted By : ttw - Today 9:53 PM
I find the html not nearly as easy to work with as the pdf. I suppose there's no way to find a pdf version.

Finale 2008 (2007, 2006)
Windows XP Media Edition
Gateway 5014

Posted By : ttw - Today 9:59 PM
I found it. One can go through the FAQ stuff under support. There's a link there.

Finale 2008 (2007, 2006)
Windows XP Media Edition
Gateway 5014