The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=225317
Posted By : Ronwass - 6/9/2008 2:24 PM
Anyone have any idea why the attached piece makes the program totally crash and close when I try to insert 2 or 4 measures?

When I try to insert 20 measures, it works.

Also, sometimes in this file, when I tie a note to a note across the barline, the program insists on adding an accidental at the end of the tie, and to get rid of it, I have to delete all notes in the measure.

And there is other very strange behaviour. FOr instance, using the 9 respelling key on a note in a chord, sometimes tries to respell the entire chord, with octave skips.

Any ideas besides a complete reinstall?

Ron Wasserman
F2007, user since 2000
Desktop: Athlon 64X2, 1918 mb ram, XP Media Center
Laptop: Celeron, 480 mb ram, XP home

". . . I love music, and anything that interrupts music, I hate."
Astor Piazzolla, Central Park Concert

Posted By : Jetcopy - 6/9/2008 3:35 PM
Please give specific steps, including where you are inserting measures and how you're trying to accomplish that.

I doubt if a reinstall would do anything.

JT

G4 Powerbook, OSX 10.4.9, 1.67 GHz, 1.5 GB ram

Posted By : Mike Rosen - 6/9/2008 6:00 PM
Ron,
What happens if you insert 20 measures, and delete 18 of them?

Mike Rosen

WebLackey for the Seattle SeaChordsmen

PrintMusic 2008 on the PC: Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.
Nightingale on the Ol' Macintosh

Favorite reference: Essential Dictionary of Music Notation, Gerou & Lusk, 1996

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Posted By : Ronwass - 6/9/2008 9:20 PM
Please give specific steps, including where you are inserting measures and how you're trying to accomplish that.

Go to any point in the file, click on measure tool, grab the handle, and then either go to the menu, insert measures, or right click and insert measures. Wait, insert is greyed out here.

What happens if you insert 20 measures, and delete 18 of them?

Then the file accepts the two new inserted messages, and doesn't crash.

Wait a minute, now after I do this, I can now insert any other number of measures at will. WIEEEEERD?

I'm wondering if anyone can duplicate this on their system. If so, I may need to reinstall Finale.

Ron Wasserman
F2007, user since 2000
Desktop: Athlon 64X2, 1918 mb ram, XP Media Center
Laptop: Celeron, 480 mb ram, XP home

". . . I love music, and anything that interrupts music, I hate."
Astor Piazzolla, Central Park Concert

Posted By : Doug Blackmore - 6/9/2008 10:07 PM
I had thought the enharmonic issue was a known bug with Finale 2007, which was also related to a bug with "explode music" - one of the many reasons I couldn't upgrade to Finale 2007.

Doug Blackmore
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Finale 2006r3, Win 2K Pro