The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=278632
Posted By : Timekeeper - 12/18/2009 2:18 AM
I know that the official position of the company is that ALL versions are fully compatible with W7 after 2008. I just would like to know from someone who is actually using preferably PM 2009 on W7 how it responds to the new windows version before I go out and upgrade to a W7 machine.

Matthew, Composer, Violist and Guitarist
PM 2k9, Windows Xp Pro,768 MB RAM
Albuquerque, NM, USA

Favorite Forum Quote:
 "This is What You Get For Asking A Robot To Compose For You."

Posted By : Saffron - 12/18/2009 5:10 AM
Even my old versions of Finale work fine on Windows 7 - just as they did for Vista. Micsrosoft have done a very good job; you should have no trouble.

Brian

Posted By : Forum Admin - 12/18/2009 3:26 PM
Matthew-

Just so you know MakeMusic's official position, only 2010 products are fully supported on Windows 7.

For more information, check here.

Thanks,

David

Forum Administrator
MakeMusic, Inc.

Post Edited (Forum Admin) : 12/18/2009 1:37:40 PM (GMT-6)

Posted By : Saffron - 12/18/2009 7:49 PM

David, it is natural and to be expected that a software company only "[officially] supports" its latest software on any given operating system. But this does not change the fact that older versions run just fine. Sure, caveat emptor might apply, but there's no need to put off people from trying. Heck, if I'd believed all the hype, I'd have been jiggered into giving up Finale 2005 five years ago! :-)

Must update my sig to mention Windows 7 ...

Brian