|Welcome to the official MakeMusic, Inc. Finale Forums!|
There's a few items you should be aware of before posting:
- Read the Forum Policy!
All users are expected to abide by the Forum Policy. You'll find that MakeMusic staff and forum users will be much more helpful if the policies linked above are followed. We don't have a ton of rules, but these are important to keep a constructive and civil community.
- Add the specific version of Finale you are using plus your computer specs/hardware to your signature, or at the very least include it with your posts.
If you're encountering technical problems or need help on a Finale feature, adding this information helps users give you the best answer. An example of this would be:
15" MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8GB of RAM
Korg K25 USB MIDI Keyboard
MOTU 828mk3 Audio Interface
- Search the forum before posting.
Chances are, your question has been asked already at one point or another.
- If you're experiencing technical problems with the software, check the Finale Knowledge Base before posting!
The Knowledge Base contains a wealth of technical information on common technical problems.
- It never hurts to check the documentation if you're unsure of how to do something in the software.
In addition to the manuals, you can also find other tutorial resource at our Support Portal.
- Be very specific about the problem you are encountering.
If you're encountering a technical problem, please detail the exact steps you took to reproduce the problem along with any additional helpful information. If the problem is with a specific file, attaching the file for others to test can expedite the wait for an answer. If you're encountering a crash, posting any crash reports/logs as attachments is preferable to copy & pasting into a response.
- While MakeMusic, Inc. staff do monitor and contribute to the forum, the best way to get in contact with us would be to submit a support case here.
If you have a specific feature request that you would like to see included in next version or are trying to report an issue, please send a support case with that information. It makes it easier for us to track the requests and directly communicate with you. Feel free to post these as well to the forum, since other users may have some suggestions or other ideas, but to get our attention, use the case system.
If anyone has any questions regarding these suggestions, please don't hesitate to PM me or another MakeMusic, Inc. staff member!
Notation Product Specialist
These on-line forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact them directly at makemusic.custhelp.com/app/ask.
Post Edited (Justin Phillips) : 8/13/2011 1:37:34 PM (GMT-5)