The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=372366
Posted By : Eagle1 - 6/29/2012 2:01 PM
6-29-12  Re  Print Music  "Window"  Options 

I've  been  using  my favorite,  Print Music 2004  all  this  time,  reinstalled  a  couple  days  ago after some  pc  repairs,  and  the  options  in  "Window"  are  no  longer  two  on  each  side  of  the  screen, vertical,  but  all  piled  up  across  the  top.  I end up closing, for instance,  the Smart Shapes, and whatever  else I can, didn't  used  to  have  to  do  that.  

Also,  the  Video's  page  won't  reduce  enough  using  Zoom  to  expose  the 
X  for  closing  it!   I'm  afraid  I'll  wear  out  my  plug  on  the  many  programs  that  forget  to  keep  the  X  visible.   I did find the FontPacks  and  now  have  Maestro,  which  used  to  install  with  the  disk.  

Is  there  any  way  to  get  back  to  the  old  way? 

Windows XP, Soundblaster, PrintMusic2004
Section 1st Violin, Piano/Synth, Oboe, String Quartet, Church Organ, 
ARRANGING.  Member AFM Local 5, Detroit 

Posted By : Zuill - 6/29/2012 2:06 PM
You started another thread with this same question. We gave some suggestions there. Did you see those?

Zuill

"When all is said and done, more is said than done."

Finale 2002b, 2003a, 2004b, 2005b, Win XP SP3, 2011b Win 7 64bit, 2012a Bought and Paid For (Hopefully soon 2012b with some of the MAJOR BUGS fixed--well, now with 2012b and some of the bugs are fixed)
Favorite Forum quote: "Please, everybody, IGNORE THE TROLL!"

Posted By : Eagle1 - 6/29/2012 6:10 PM
Hi, Zuille,  Yes,  I  saw  it,  and  then  lost  it.   So  glad  you're  still  here.  I  did  manage  to  pull  down  one  of  the  tool  bars  to  the  bottom of the page, the  8th notes, 16th notes, etc., but  I  didn't  have  any  little  tabs, or  at  least  not  visible  ones.  I  just  pretended I had one.  The  Smart Shape  tool  I  can  keep  closed, do  all my  phrasing later.  I'll  be  you  or someone  will  have  another  idea  how  to  put  a  vertical  tool bar  down each  side of the screen.  In fact, I think there used to be two  down each side. 

Know  it's  been  discussed  how  to  break  a bunch  of  16th  notes,  thought it  was a forward slash or a backward slash, something like that, and for now I'm  having  to  just  use  phrase  marks. 

Also I'm trying to write  Claude Bolling's  Baroque&Blue Suite for Flute and Jazz Piano,  you  can  hear  at  You  Tube,  just by  listening  to  it.  Having to switch back and forth from PrintMusic to You Tube  every 2 or 3 measures, can't find my good tape recorder, just two  bad  ones.  Friend  of  mine  Had  all  this  $60  music  and  just   last  month  gave  it  away  to  move to a  retirement  home,  didn't  know  she'd  be  seeing  me  again.  We  had  said  for  years  we've  gotta  get  together,  just  did  some  ensembles  at  church,  and  in  a  community  band.    Have  a  great   weekend ! 

Windows XP, Soundblaster, PrintMusic2004
Section 1st Violin, Piano/Synth, Oboe, String Quartet, Church Organ, 
ARRANGING.  Member AFM Local 5, Detroit