The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=5&m=479985
Posted By : ttw - 7/4/2016 10:11 AM
I don't know if this is an error in GWI or just the way I hear things. In the conga drums (Latin American Percussion I), the tumba and tumba-dead-stroke samples seemed reversed. It's not much of a problem as I modify things when setting up the percussion maps. I thought I'd see if anyone else has noticed such a problem. If so, I'll send MM an error message.

Finale 2014.5
GWI, GPO4, GPO5, JABB 3, Steinway Basic, COMB2

Windows 10 Pro HP Envy Desktop
Windows 10 Home HP Portable

Posted By : ttw - 7/4/2016 1:54 PM
A bit more complicated that I thought. Things work correctly on one of the two computers. I'll have to compare libraries. Probably a false alarm.

Finale 2014.5

Posted By : ttw - 7/6/2016 8:54 PM
I've uploaded an offending file. I'm making a master library of Latin American Drums (and various other stuff) so I tried all the Conga Drum stuff. The notation is the same as the default in the GWI and Finale Score Manager suggestions except that the bass notations are dropped a half step. I think the tumba and tumba dead symbols are mapped reversed. It's not a practical problem as I can reverse notation or change the mapping.
I would like opinions from other ears before reporting the problem.

I did make the file with Finale 2014.5 and GWI but I exported as Finale 2012 to allow uploads.

Finale 2014.5