The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=6&m=488123
Posted By : DavePayn - 11/6/2016 5:20 PM
I have recently reinstalled Finale 2014.5 on my iMac (Mid 2010 - OS Sierra) after having had no sound for Garritan instruments. 'Play Finale Through Audio Units' is checked, ARIA Player is showing in Bank 1 in 'Audio Units Banks and Effects'. In Device Set Up/Audio Set Up, 'Built-in Output' is assigned and there is a sound when 'Test Audio Output' is selected, but when I try playing a score, it loads the sounds and then - nothing. (Computer sound is turned on, by the way...). But of course, select Play Finale Thru MIDI and the sound works - funny, that. VERY frustrating. Any offers of help gratefully received.

Dave

Posted By : Mike Rosen - 11/6/2016 5:37 PM
Did you install the Garritan sounds? IIRC, it's a separate download and install.

Mike Rosen
www.specialmillwork.com

Bass with Choir of the Sound www.choirofthesound.org
Volunteer copyist (The Gang of Twelve) for the Barbershop Harmony Society
FINALE TIPS at www.specialmillwork.com/finale-tips-and-tricks/index.html

Finale 2014.5 on El Capitan
Simple Entry, QWERTY keyboard, numberpad. That's my system, and I'm stickin' to it.

"As a musician, he's a damn fine woodworker."

Posted By : DavePayn - 11/6/2016 5:42 PM
Yes. I have them on my Mac

Posted By : DavePayn - 11/6/2016 6:12 PM
... but it was all part of the same download. Thee seems to be no separate download from the link in my account.

Posted By : DavePayn - 11/6/2016 6:13 PM
However, when I go to the ARIA player, all the banks are empty?

Posted By : jim dukey - 11/6/2016 9:07 PM
Try loading Aria manually, with the Score Manager.

Molecular Computer, Powered by Fusion in a Jar. Finale 3000, Wireless ESP Module, No Physical Interface, Printed Parts Manifest by The Universe,
SOOOO Boring! Now Everybody is Friggin' Mozart.