Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums >  FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! Forum Quick Jump

Viewing user profile for : mnorris
About Me 
Profile Created :5/24/2002 6:22 PM
Total Posts : 50
Interests : Unavailable
Contact Info
E-Mail Address :Unavailable
Private Message : Send a Private Message to mnorris

Last 5 Posts
ThreadForumPost Info
 Oh my god, why would you make a simple thing so difficult? (Hairpins in linked parts)
My main beef is that there are times when I WANT the endpoint of a hairpin to be in a different place in the score than in the parts (e.g. if the score is extremely tight, then I might need to move...
Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED!mnorris
2/26/2009 2:05 PM
 Oh my god, why would you make a simple thing so difficult? (Hairpins in linked parts)
Yeeeeessss.... but the whole point of linked parts is that you can go through fixing the layout AND fixing any mistakes you find AT THE SAME TIME. The layout you obviously only want to affect the...
2/25/2009 8:38 PM
No - it's completely broken for hairpins. There's no way around it, other than the beat-charts trick, as far as I can tell.
2/25/2009 8:31 PM
After poking around, I have discovered one way to fix it: Stupidly, linked parts inherit beat chart spacing of the score, which means that you get some very odd spacings in the part sometimes (but...
2/25/2009 7:42 PM

I can't believe how broken hairpins are with linked parts. I just spent two days tweaking the position of my crescendi and decrescendi in linked parts, only to discover to my horror that they were...

Finale - Macintosh - FORUM HAS MOVED!

mnorris
2/25/2009 7:26 PM