Finale SmartMusic
  Home | Log In | Register | Search | Help

MakeMusic Forum > Public Forums > FinaleScript - FORUM HAS MOVED! > FinaleScript "Batch Process" Problems  Forum Quick Jump

You cannot post new topics in this forum. You cannot reply to topics in this forum. Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> | Show Newest Post First ]

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 12/26/2013 4:04 PM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
Although I've upgraded to F2014, I'm using F2012 first to attempt batch processing my files to its "legacy" version first before then doing a MUS to MUSX update batch conversion. In doing so I've found a definitive (attempted twice with the same results) processing crash limitation for batch processing folders and/or subfolders, namely 80 files, regardless of the RAM on your PC (in my case 16GB). The result is that all subsequently "recovered" files are reloaded into RAM as "Untitled1" etc. although with the use of "folders" as an option they are in fact saved already correctly. The use of the "subfolders" options does not do so.

As I use many subdirectories to store my files, and many of them contain well over 80 files each, needing to batch process and convert well over 6000 MUS files now is urgent to ensure their readability in later Finale versions. The "necessary" duplications of temp MUS files needing deletion after their MUSX saved versions, doesn't help the effort required to do so.

Does anyone else have a solution to eliminate this process? My current FinaleScipt follows. I set the source path to my Music folder which contains all of my Finale music file subfolders. Ideally I want the script to open and save only one file at a time!

//start script
batch process subfolders
open
save
close all
//end script

Benjamin Robert Tubb, Finale Engraver
Finale 2014, 1.9 GHz HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook dv7-7121nr;
Windows 7 Home Premium with 16 GB RAM
Owner of Public Domain Music
Editor and Compiler of
Henry Clay Work: Complete Songs and Choruses (2002)
Arthur Clifton (aka Philip Antony Corri): Selected American Songs (2009)
All are published by Kallisti Music Press.

Benjamin Tubb
Registered Member

Click to send Benjamin Tubb email.Click to visit Benjamin Tubb's website.Send a Private Message to Benjamin TubbAIM Not AvailableICQ Not AvailableY! Not AvailableMSN Not Available
Date Joined Jan 2000
Total Posts : 903

Posted 12/29/2013 7:30 AM (GMT -6)    Quote This PostAlert An Admin About This Post.
I have since found a "corrupted" MUS file which apparently caused the crash. However I have since decided to minimize such occurrences by using Windows Explorer to "drag and drop" files into Finale 2014 to convert, directly. Then selecting "Save All" and "Close All". Working in such a manner, albeit much slower than preferred, allows me to monitor their file old/new status as fortunately Finale writes the new MUSX file before deleting the MUS files first automatically [and doesn't leave the "legacy" files around for manual deletion later]. I'm considering doing these HUMONGOUS file conversions part of my New Year's resolution! And then I'll do a LONG OVERDUE backup of my files! <GRIN>

May everyone have a Happy New Year!

Benjamin Robert Tubb, Finale Engraver
Finale 2014, 1.9 GHz HP Pavilion Entertainment Notebook dv7-7121nr;
Windows 7 Home Premium with 16 GB RAM
Owner of Public Domain Music
Editor and Compiler of
Henry Clay Work: Complete Songs and Choruses (2002)
Arthur Clifton (aka Philip Antony Corri): Selected American Songs (2009)
All are published by Kallisti Music Press.