The original version of this page can be found at : http://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=23&m=407516
Posted By : Mr. P. - 9/17/2013 8:57 PM
I have a student who has the latest SM and is now unable to use her microphone. 3rd party mics are not allowed.
I am quite perplexed by this? Is this true? sad

Post Edited (Mr. P.) : 9/18/2013 7:43:44 AM (GMT-5)

Posted By : Seth Adams - 9/18/2013 8:46 AM

Mr. P,

Thanks for posting. SmartMusic microphones are required for technical assistance from our support staff; this is unchanged from previous versions of the software. However, SmartMusic will not block other microphones from being used, so if your student is running into an issue there may be a problem with their microphone or the way the computer is configured for sound input.

We hear varying results from customers using 3rd party microphones, and they are not recommended.

If the student is unable to get their microphone to work with our online resources, then we would recommend purchasing a SmartMusic microphone.

Seth

MakeMusic, Inc.

These online forums are intended for the exchange of ideas among the users of MakeMusic products. If you'd like individual help from our technical support staff, please contact us directly at www.smartmusic.com/support.

Posted By : sakry - 9/18/2013 11:33 AM
Mmm I had this problem too ... I couldn't fix it

mariachis en bogota

Post Edited (sakry) : 9/24/2013 4:22:35 PM (GMT-5)

Posted By : Mr. P. - 9/20/2013 8:53 AM
Thanks for the information and if I hear more I will be back.